All About Aquiesse, Our Featured Line of Candles & Diffusers
One of the nice things about having monthly giveaways is that we learn all sorts of fun trivia about the candle line we feature. Here are some facts about AQUIESSE, the brand and it’s line of luxury scented candles and reed diffusers:
Aquiesse is recognized globally as a leader in the luxury home fragrance market.
Their fragrances are meticulously blended by master perfumers using the world’s finest essential oils and extracts.
Aquiesse originated in Santa Barbara CA where the company’s founder Michael Joseph Horn, began experimenting with fragrance as a young boy by mixing his mothers fine bottles of perfume. (as you can imagine she didn’t much care for that.)
The name Aquiesse is the culmination of 3 words:
- Aqua (water) for his love of coastlines and their array of fragrant elements.
- Acquiesce which means to surrender to give in to oneself or to an experience.
- Essence suggesting the core quality of something, in this case nature’s aromatic ingredients.
The first product line launched in July of 2005. The first two fragrances created for the Portfolio collection are Luxe Linen and Rioja. Aquiesse designed their own glass using CAD software so you won’t find anything else like it. The lid to the candle can be used as a base while burning, a snuffer to extinguish the candle and a dust cover when not in use. The box is cloth covered and has a button top lid to make it reusable. Aquiesse now has a factory in Simi Valley CA where they manufacture all of their candles using a using a proprietary soy wax blend which took years to perfect and which provides the perfect canvas for their artistic fragrance creations. Made with organic soybean oil and carefully selected lead-free wicks.
Other interesting Aquiesse quick facts:
- The best selling Portfolio collection fragrance was renamed in 2009 from Egyptian Cotton to Luxe Linen.
- Women around the world have asked Aquiesse to developed Pomegranate Sage into a fine fragrance for men.
- The Cherimoya fragrance uses a fruit that famous American writer Mark Twain stated as being “the most delicious fruit known to men” and “deliciousness itself”.
We hope you enjoy Aquiesse Scented Candles and Reed Diffusers as much as we do and invite you to stop into our salon to experience them all! We encourage you to post your comments and reviews, and let us know which fragrances are your favorite.
The brand also produces a line of room perfumes, which we offer via custom order. The perfect compliment to their candle and reed diffuser line, this collection of sophisticated room fragrances is designed to immediately freshen any living space, office and even your car. Just a few applications are enough to instantly scent your personal space. Uniquely crafted with essential and perfume oils, blended with organic grain alcohol for optimum delivery. Free of propellants, petro-chemicals, phthalates, parabens and artificial colors. A sleek, non-aerosol glass bottle and fine mist sprayer packaged in their premium. eco-friendly, 100% tree-free renewable cotton gift carton.