OPERA LED Light Therapy Mask
Facial Rejuvenation and Acne Treatments with the Healing Power of Light
The world renowned ‘OPERA’ LED face mask is a low-level light therapy LED facial mask that utilizes 3 wavelengths to provide a multitude of skin rejuvenation treatments to the face and neck. The only LED face mask with independent clinical studies, it also incorporates the use of galvanic current and nutrient filled OPERA HydroGel Masks to further enhance results.
The OPERA LED Light Therapy Mask has been created with an ergonomic design that ensures the LED diodes are as close to the skin’s surface as possible to maximize energy transfer, whilst distant enough to ensure an even coverage across the treatment area. Designed with 3 wavelengths of light, including: blue 415nm, red 630nm, and infrared 830nm; to maximize the benefits to the user, whilst offering increased safety. Infrared light of 830nm is emitted simultaneously with both the red and blue light OPERA therapy modalities. The 830nm infrared penetrates much deeper than the red (630nm) and blue (415nm) wavelengths, delivering light therapy benefits to the lower epidermal and dermal layers which produces enhanced benefits including increased healing of wounds, pain relief, and a reduction in the size of oil-secreting glands.
How does LED Phototherapy work?
LED’s provide a mechanism for Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) or “Photo Bio-stimulation” – also called ‘Phototherapy’. The effects of Phototherapy and LLLT are photochemical. When the correct intensity and frequency are used, the light energy photons, generated by the LED light sources, are absorbed by select chromophores in the tissue. This process stimulates mitochondrial activity and Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) production; promotes blood circulation and tissue oxygenation, leading to pain relief and cell proliferation, and facilitating the creation and extension of the anti-aging enzymes.
What are the proven benefits of Low-Level Light Therapy?
LED light therapy utilizes light at specific wavelengths to penetrate the skin at varying depths to cause a specific and desired response. The benefits of Low-Level Light Therapy are numerous and depend upon the wavelength of the light being absorbed. Put another way, blue light in the 415nm range of the spectrum has completely different effects on the tissues than red light in the 630nm range.
Depending on the wavelength of the light energy applied, improved cell activity may result in*:
- Neocollagenisis – increased collagen production
- Improved skin elasticity and skin tightening
- Increased localized blood circulation
- Increased oxygen levels
- Enhanced anti- bacterial effect and reduction in bacteria
- Improved wound healing
- Enhanced anti-inflammatory effect
- + much more
The effect of light absorption can be clearly seen in treatments for:
- Skin rejuvenation toning, tightening and texturing
- Post care healing
- Wrinkles reduction
- + much more
Types of LED Therapy with the Opera LED Mask:
Blue Light Therapy Anti-Bacterial and Acne Treatment
Blue light therapy at 415nm is predominantly used for its anti-bacterial properties and in the treatment of acne. The blue light emitted from the device is absorbed by porphyrin. The bacterial causing acne, P.acne contains abundant amounts of porphyrin and when the blue light is absorbed an oxygen free-radical is created which is released into the bacteria and results in bacterial reduction. The infrared light of 830nm that is emitted with all of the OPERA LED light therapies reduces the size of oil-secreting glands that contain the bacteria. Blue light also has anti-inflammatory characteristics although the best results are seen when combining red and blue light for its additional skin rejuvenation and wound healing benefits.
Blue Light Therapy
Depending on the type of acne present, advanced Blue Light Therapy may be recommended to achieve the best results for the treatment of acne and acne scarring. The Acne Light Mask uses clinically-proven light therapy of multiple wavelengths, galvanic current, infrared light and a hydrogel mask to combat Acne in a number of ways including:
- Blue Light for combating the bacteria associated with Acne
- Stabilizes sebum secreting glands which reduces over production of sebum
- Helps reduce pigmentation and discoloration
- Infrared is produced in all light settings and helps to reduce the size of oil glands containing the bacteria and increase blood flow and nourishment to the skin
- Galvanic current to allow nourishment to the skin via hydrogel masks and to increase muscle tone to help reduce acne scarring
- Can be combined with Red light to reduce inflammation and stimulate new collagen production
Blue Light Therapy Before and After*
These images demonstrate a decrease in the inflammation associated with acne, as well as reduction in it’s severity and an overall healthier moisturized look after treatment with a blue light mask, galvanic current, infra-red and hydrogel mask.*
Red Light Therapy
Red Light Therapy has been proven in the field of healing and rejuvenating, anti-aging, wound care, pain relief, and much more.
Red light therapy is a natural, non-invasive process with a great deal of benefit and no known adverse side effects. It simply harnesses the natural healing and rejuvenating benefits of a specific range of light and delivers this energy at a higher rate than the sun (without the harmful UV rays). Red light therapy is capable of penetrating the skin to a depth of about 10 to 12 mm.
Once absorbed this red light energy is converted to cellular energy. This conversion of energy leads to stimulation of the body’s natural processes on a cellular level. The cells receive this rejuvenating, anti-aging energy boost that enables them to perform their natural functions at a heighten level. The combination of red light with infrared light in the OPERA LED Mask therapy may lead to*:
- Increased plumping of the dermis and epidermis
- Increased production of collagen and elastin
- Reduction in the depth and number of visible wrinkles
- Increased circulation
- Formation of new capillaries
- Enhanced lymphatic function (detoxification)
- Increased phagocytosis (cellular clean up)
- Tissue granulation stimulation
- Inflammation reduction
- Enhanced wound healing
- Improved post care after laser and ablative procedures
- Overall skin rejuvenation, including skin tightening and fading of pigmentation
Red Light Therapy Before and After*
Blue and Red Light Therapy for Rosacea
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that primarily affects the face. Symptoms include: inflammation and redness, swelling of small blood vessels enhancing their visibility, swollen red bumps, pimple like bumps that resemble acne (but are not acne), enlarged nose, dull complexion, oily skin, and thinning of skin. While Rosacea is often an isolated condition, it can coexist with acne. In skin conditions, like psoriasis, acne, and keratosis, immune cells at the baseline layers of the skin contribute to worsening symptoms. These cells (T cells) increase local inflammation and promote the formation of keratin-producing cells (keratinocytes) [R].
- Reduction in the degree of inflammation
- Decreases Cytokine (IL-1alpha) production
- Aids in the healing process of co-existing acne
- Reduces redness
- Safe to use and Non-invasive
Galvanic current is an optional modality on the OPERA LED mask that is used in conjunction with hydrogel masks or other customized skincare formulations. It can be used as an independent treatment regime, or in combination with LED light therapy. The galvanic current delivers minute electrical pulses (micorcurrents) designed to mirror the body’s own bio-electric field. Microcurrent treatments were originally invented as a treatment for facial palsy and are now used in aesthetics where the treatments are often known as facial toning for the advantages in skin tightening and rejuvenation. The Galvanic Facial mode creates a current to open pores which allows nutrients to be absorbed either from the hydrogel mask or other topical skincare formulations. The current also creates a positive charge which attracts and breaks up negatively charged toxins and impurities.
Benefits may include*:
- Increased blood and lymph circulation
- Enhanced the penetration of the active ingredients of skin care formulations applied during treatment
- Collagenesis and increasing elastin-production
- Increased mitochondria activity and adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production
- Elevated protein synthesis, gluco-neogenesis and cell membrane transport
- Improved skin hydration
- Decreased wrinkles and improved toning of facial muscles
- Decreased sun damage and pigmentation
Before and After Galvanic Facial Treatment*
The before and after images shows the healing process and skin nourishment associated with a Galvanic Facial using the hydrogel mask.*
LED Light Therapy is a safe and effective treatment that causes a natural reaction that, likened to the photosynthesis of a plant, triggers the body to convert light energy to cell energy. The Opera LED Mask Light Therapy treatments are quick and painless with no downtime, and may be performed in a series or as a mini facial for a hydrating glow.
*Result May Vary
For more on this topic:
View this post on Instagram