What Are Hand-Tied Hair Extensions
Hand-tied extensions are the hottest hair trend of the past 10 years, and for a good reason! They are the most natural looking, light weight extensions that give you the freedom to wear your hair up or down!
Hand-tied hair extensions are done by hand and are much thinner than machine wefts. They are often used for sew-in weaving. By laying flat against your scalp, hand-tied wefts give a more natural look. The biggest difference between hand-tied extensions and regular hair extensions is that there is no use of glue or tape, so they are much gentler on the scalp causing little to no breakage of your natural hair, and the wefts significantly reduce any bumps in the hair caused by regular extensions.
PLEIJ Salon offers three types of hand-tied hair extensions – NBR™, SKW™ and Tight-Line.
What is NBR?
NBR stands for Natural Beaded Row. This hair extension method uses a thread and bead technique to create rows where wefts are then placed and sewn in. The extensions are cut, colored, and blended to your real hair to create a natural look that can add length, volume, and thickness.
What is SKW?
SKW stands for Sarah K Wilks, RN, BSN, MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner, Cosmetologist and creator of SKW hair extensions. SKW is the first medically backed hair extension method. This method eliminates bead to scalp and bead to hair contact, track tension, and over-direction of the hair that can be common with other methods.
What is Tight-Line?
The Tight-Line Method™ is the ONLY hair extension method that is proven to be damage-free. NO Glue, NO Beads, NO Tape. Simply hair & thread. The Tight-Line Method™ is braided extensions, but with a twist. Using a unique tie-in step which allows for the braid itself to be more comfortable, non-damaging, and providing the strongest and safest way to attach extensions to your head. This is called the braided Tight-Line.
Benefits of hand-tied hair extensions:
• Most natural-looking extensions
• No glue, tape, or heat!
• Healthier hair extension solution
• SKW & Tight Line are gentle on the scalp
• Won’t slip out
• Easy to maintain
• Your natural hair can still grow
• Can be custom cut & colored
Hand-tied hair extensions FAQs
1. Do you use 100% human hair? Yes.
2. Do I treat it exactly like my natural hair? Yes.
3. Can I wash it, dry it, curl it exactly like my natural hair? Yes.
4. Will I feel like I am wearing a wig? No, hand-tied hair is the most comfortable and natural extension method on the market.
5. How long will the hair last? Up to a year with proper care and maintenance.
6. Can we color it to match my hair? Yes, girl there is no other way.
7. Do I need to use special products to style? Yes, I can not guarantee the hair if you do not.
8. If my hair is broken or short am I a good candidate? Yes! As long as you can pull your hair into a pony tail and you have enough hair on your crown.. it’s a go! One row is the best for giving you side hair!
9. Can I add hair for volume, not necessarily length? Yes!
10. What if I want volume and length and I have fine hair? No problem, hand-tied hair extensions are the solution.
11. Can I wear a high pony? Yes!
12. How often will I need to get them redone? Every 6 to 8 weeks depending on your hair type and texture.
13. Can I buy my own hair? No, I need to make sure it is the best quality from my trusted suppliers, if you get any amount of synthetic hair mixture it could actually melt the hair into your hair when it is curled!
14. Will wearing extensions damage my hair? Not using our hair extension methods!
15. How do I make an appointment? Schedule a hair extension consultation using the link below.